2014年11月14日星期五

week[7]_assignmentTwo

For this week I would like to write something about assignment two. I actually start working on this assignment a week ago yet it is still quite challenging for me now. First, the definition is tricky, I try to understand it as what it is defined as however I still can’t use it in the ways I’m familiar with. It feels like use a new word from another language to make a sentence, my brain realizes it but still not even trying to work with it. However, I find the meaning of the symbol and look up the definition of “floor”, things become crystal clear at once. Claim 1.3 and 1.4 is a bit hard to me, too, but I have faith in myself!

For course content, we learned some simple algorithms this week, such as bubble sort, quick sort and merge sort. We also learned how to calculate rough run time in worst-cases. The proof is still same structured as before, the only thing has changed is the problem. The problem becomes much easier when we just simplify the big-Os and big-omegas into greater or equals and smaller or equals. Just be careful count correct steps from the Python functions then all good.

没有评论:

发表评论