2014年10月4日星期六

week[1]_logics!

This week we are introduced symbols and quantifiers.
Symbols and quantifiers themselves are not difficult at all, I’ve seen them in my math books before especially the Vein diagram. However the tricky part is transfer daily language into logic statements and vice versa. For example, in our daily life we say “Go buy that headphone only if that headphone is half price off” but in logic we “say” Buy the phone -> Half price off.
Moreover I find the vacuous truth is more like a mind blow for me. For instance, if x^2<0, then x>x+5. In our daily life this is totally wrong and if we write it is correct in our math exam I would absolutely get a zero. However! However in logic, this is correct, isn’t that incredible? But after all that, when I get used to the logic language, I find it is fun to translate normal language to logic statements.

Besides I found an easier way to solve logic statement problems, which is simplify the question description and draw a Vein diagram about it, then everything is so clear and can’t wrong.

没有评论:

发表评论